Places to eat near Devon Cliffs
If you fancy a change from the park's own restaurants there are plenty of others not far from the holiday park.
The Clinton Arms, Littleham
- this pub restaurant is within easy walking distance of the park. The Clinton can be found just before the
small single lane bridge in Littleham.
The Clinton used to get mixed reviews, but following a recent change in management and a major refurbishment the reviews have gotten much better.
Ye olde Tythe Cottage, Littleham
- you could easily drive straight past this pub restaurant without noticing it at
all. The Tythe Cottage is on the opposite side of the road to the Clinton.
Being a cottage, it's a bit cramped inside, so on a sunny day it's better to sit in the beer garden. Parking is to the rear and there's a little park for the kids just behind and to the right of the pub.
- Aby's, Exmouth seafront - This is our new favourite place to eat in Exmouth. Located on the front opposite the Octagon, Aby's was once known as the Channel View cafe, a mediocre place to eat at best. Since the new owners took over the changes have been remarkable.
The interior decor is more akin to a wine bar/restaurant than a seafront cafe. The food and service is superb but the prices are no more than you'd pay for pub grub.
There's also an outdoor seating area which is handy if you have a dog with you. You can get a glimpse of Aby's on the Exmouth Webcam, select Cafe seating - Right and click 'View!'.
- The Bath House, Exmouth seafront - the Bath House, part of the Hungry Horse chain is a short drive from the park. Down on the Exmouth sea front, this pub restaurant can get busy at times, but if you're looking for cheap pub grub, that's exactly what you'll get here.
The Bamboo Chinese Restaurant, Exmouth centre - situated
right in the center of town on the Strand,
the Bamboo Chinese restaurant is our favourite chinese restaurant.
They also do a takeaway service and are well rated on Tripadvisor.
- The Noble House, Exmouth - located just off the Salterton road, Noble House is the closest Chinese restaurant to the park. They run a buffet service during the week where you can eat as much as you like and they also do a takeaway service. Surprisingly, on a Sunday they do a proper British Carvery.
There are a few choices when it comes to eating out at the park. There are both cheap and expensive options. As well as the takeaways mentioned below, there are 2 on-site restaurants.
- The Mash and Barrel -
this is the cheaper option and all meals are buffet based. As well as doing a
breakfast service, the Mash and Barrel at Devon Cliffs does various themed lunch and
dinner buffets. Eg. Sunday Carvery, Tex Mex night and Curry night. The food is pretty
basic, but the price is not too bad.
To purchase a meal you need to first pay at the bar. They will give you a ticket that you hand over to the staff on the food counter.
There is both indoor and outdoor seating at the Mash and Barrel. If you choose to sit outside, don't leave your plate unattended for even a second. The seagulls here are very fast and very hungry!
South Beach Cafe -
If you walk down the hill to the beach you will find the new South Beach
complex. South Beach is a beach themed bar/restaurant. The driftwood style decor and
rustic wooden furniture complement its beach side location.
Outside there is a multi-tiered decked seating area with stunning sea views.
The menu includes fresh brown crab caught just off the coast at Brixham, a good selection of fresh fish including fried Pollack from Lyme Bay. If fish is not your thing, they also do steak and homemade burgers.
Prices are quite high here, but as a result it never seems to get too crowded down at South Beach, making it an ideal place to relax, sipping a drink whilst watching the sun go down.
The park has 3 takeaways in the entertainment complex; the Chip Shop, Burger King and Papa Johns Pizza. There are plenty more outside the park, we've listed a few here. There's also a Starbucks coffee shop.
- Wing Sing Chinese Takeaway, Littleham - this is the closest Chinese takeaway and located just at the end of the village near the traffic lights in Littleham.
- McDonalds, Exmouth - the closest McDonalds to the park is back up on the main road, near the retail park. Turn right at the traffic lights. This one is a drive-through and is very handy for breakfast.
- Subway, Exmouth centre - on the strand, near to the traffic lights and roundabout. Subway are now doing meal deals and are open for breakfast from 7am til 4am on the weekend.
- KFC, Exmouth centre - just off the Strand, near the main town centre car park on Imperial road. Open till 11:30pm.