South Devon Beaches
If you fancy a change from the park's own beach there are plenty of other sandy beaches in the area to explore.
- Exmouth - the closest beach to the park, Exmouth beach is a gorgeous long stretch of sand with beach-side parking and plenty of facilities.
- Dawlish Warren - on the opposite side of the bay, Dawlish Warren is a pedestrianised area with plenty to do. The main attractions here are the arcade and the go-karts, but there's also the 500 acre nature reserve to explore.
- Teignmouth - a busy town with plenty of facilities, including a pier. Luders bakery is worth a visit, their cakes, pastries and dougnuts are just the best.
Sand is not for everyone and a pebble beach can be just as enjoyable if all you want to do is sit back and bask in the sun
- Budleigh Salterton - if you fancy some peace and quiet, the beach at Budleigh Salterton is the place to go. Budleigh is one of Devon's most unspoilt towns, the ideal place to relax.
- Sidmouth - Jacobs Ladder beach is a long pebble beach with easy access. Sidmouth is a a larger, more touristy town than Budleigh and has much more to see and do.
- Beer - the small pebble beach at Beer is worth a visit, but it should be noted that it's quite a walk from the car park at the top of the cliffs