Attractions near Devon Cliffs
- World of Country Life - a country themed park just outside the entrance to Devon Cliffs. The younger kids will love this one with its soft play areas, pirate ship, bouncy castle and indoor slides. There's also a farm museum, historical exhibitions and a collection of steam engines.
- Crealy Adventure Park - Crealy is a classic theme park, just a short drive from Devon Cliffs. There are many rides to choose from, as well as both indoor and outdoor play areas. The Go kart track is one of the best in the area and they even have 8 different animal attractions.
- Digger Land - Diggerland is the ultimate playground for both kids and adults. Where else can you and your kids operate full size construction machinery in complete safety.
- Quaywest Water Park - arguably the best water park in Devon, Quaywest is situated right on the seafront in the town of Paignton.
- Woodlands Leisure Park - woodlands just 5 miles west of Dartmouth, claims to be the largest family theme park in the southwest. Make sure you look at their website for directions. SatNavs are known to direct you to the river Dart ferry crossing.
- Powderham Castle - this castle can be found on the far side of the Exe estuary. If you've ever visited Dawlish Warren you may have caught a glimpse of it from the road. Home to Lord & Lady Devon, this 600 year old castle and its grounds are open to the public from April until October.
- Beer Quarry Caves - despite what the name might suggest these caves have nothing to do with Beer the drink. They are in fact 2,000 year old caverns. Started by the Romans, the underground quarry was dug to mine a very unique stone, the Beer stone. This stone has been used as a building material in many of Britain's historical buildings, including Exeter Cathedral, St. Pauls, the Tower of London and Windsor Castle.
- Paignton Zoo - home to almost 2,000 animals and 300 different species, Paignton Zoo was founded in 1923. Exhibits include the Desert House, the Tropical Forest House, Forest Animals, Wetland Birds and Savannah Animals.
- Living Coasts Zoo & Aquarium - situated in the 'English Riviera' Torquay's zoo and aquarium is one of the only places where you can get up close with penguins.
- Stuart Line Cruises - this family run business has 3 boats that sail between Exeter, Torquay, Sidmouth and Exmouth. A typical cruise up the river Exe will cost you £6 per person and lasts around 1hr 20mins.
- Quad World - approximately 25 miles from Devon Cliffs, north up the M5 towards Cullompton, Quad World is an all-terrain off road centre where you can learn to drive a quad bike. If you've never sat on a quad before it's not a problem as full tuition will be given and you can drive as slow as you like on the flat beginner's track. Once you've mastered that you can move on to the more hilly Pro circuit. Overalls and safety gear are provided. Minimum rider age is 6 years.